Azlynn and Maddi Kate earlier last year in AR
FOR A PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION OF THIS UPDATE, CLICK HERE.
The months of July and August were ones in which we quickly got ready for the fall schedule and then jumped right back into our busy routine. We would, however, like to thank Liberty Baptist Church, Pastor and Mrs.Cox, and all who attended the Ladies Conference for allowing us to take a family vacation. They so kindly provided the funds, and we enjoyed the precious family time we shared. Thank you very much!!
It has been a long and sometimes difficult journey the past two years of deputation, as many of you know. We would like to thank every supporting church/pastor for being patient with us as the Lord prepares us for the field. And we would ask that you continue to do so. We are going to finish out the meetings we had previoulsy scheduled, and then, Lord willing, we’ll leave for the field in March 2013. Further in that regard, Lana and Maddi have stayed back while I finish out our last meetings. But instead of traveling alone, the Lord allowed Ralph Caballero to travel with me. He is a teenager whose family and my wife’s family have been close for many, many years. He believes God has called him to preach and, so, he is learning first-hand what his life as a preacher one day might look like! I’m thankful for the oppor- tunity to help Ralph grow and be strengthened in the faith. He will be traveling with me until Oct. 8th, 2012. Please pray with me about God’s working in his life.
IMPORTANT UPDATES AND PRAYER REQUESTS
- We had four churches decide to take us on for support in the past two months.
- I had some medical testing done as a precautionary measure prior to leaving the field; the results were good. We are very thankful to the Dunford family for helping us immensely with all that! We love you guys!
- We were able to lead two individuals to the Lord, had others come to Christ after services we held, and countless people contact us about decisions they’ve made for God through our testimony of the Lord’s strength amidst trials.
- Pray for me as I will be preaching at the Canadian National Pastor’s Conference on Wed., Sept. 19.
- Pray with us about a date to leave for the field. We’re specifically considering March 2013 as a good time to leave.
- A book Lana and I were contributors in that was compiled by Mrs. Trieber and NVBC Publications is being released on Monday, September 10 at a conference at North Valley Baptist. It is specifically geared towards parents whose children have passed away. I believe it can be a great encouragement to many. Go to http://nvpublications.org/ for more info or contact us about it if you are interested. We’re thankful again for everyone at this church for the immense help they’ve been.
- Things are moving forward with our full colour, hard back children’s book. We should be able to provide a timeline shortly for its release. We’re continually amazed at the great ministry opportunities God keeps giving us!
- Continued healing for our family and divine strength to carry on.
Thank you ALL again for your love, support, prayers, encouragement, and the incredible blessing you’ve been to our family and in support of our ministry. I could never take time to name everyone (although I wish I could!), but you and I both know that the thanks you’d receive from me is nothing compared to thanks you’ll receive one day from Almighty God. We’re so convinced that we are exactly where God wants us to be. And we fully intend to make the most of what time we have left here on earth, with all of you walking this journey with us.
I can’t help but relate more and more to what Paul said in Acts 20:19-24, “Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me…And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house, Testifying…repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in ever city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. (and here’s my favorite part) But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.” Our greatest desire is to finish our course…and finish it with joy. I trust that’s your desire as well, wherever God has put you.
Reaching the unreached with the gospel,
Matt Cretzman & family